My phone can't be activated?? Really?
grammaKat

I have a brand new Jest 2 phone sent to me overnight by Verizon. They gave me a temp. number while my number from straight talk was transfered over. now that the number is on my phone, it won't activate. I have gone thru four different representatives, hours of different things being done on the phone, and at the main office I guess you would call it, and nothing. Now they say, oh just take it to the closest store and get another one. What a great way to welcome a new customer. This stinks! We don't use a house phone and are loosing money everyday we are down.

Any ideas on getting activated? My closest store is 29 miles away.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone can't be activated?? Really?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to activate. If you've tried all the usual ways -- dialing *228 option 1, and activating online at My Verizon -- I guess I would just drive the 29 miles to a store. Especially since you said you can't afford to wait another day. I would call ahead to that store though to make sure there is a Jest 2 in stock. If they have to order, you may have to wait a day.

The good news is, once you're finally activated and good to go, your service should be reliable and glitch-free. I haven't had a problem in the 7 years I've been with Verizon. Good luck!

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know it can take a couple of days for the service to actually be activated especially since yesterday was a holiday and the previous 2 days were the week-end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello grammaKat,

Thank you for your inquiry today. My apologies that you are unable to activate your device. I understand how important a properly functioning device is. Are you still having issues with your activation? Where you able to get your device up and running properly? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
grammaKat

i took care of it

Kat

0 Likes