Re: My phone does not send or receive texts in the past hour
paulrschuster

Yep, same here.  My smart phone seems to send texts OK, but sending texts on both of my sons' basic phones are failing today.  They can receive texts, but not send.  Called Verizon's support line and when thru all of the prompts only to get a busy signal when I finally reached the end of the prompts.

- Paul

0 Likes
ginjor

Same problem here in southern CNY, 607 area code.  Worked fine, then in the middle of a text convo, text messages suddenly were failing.  Gotta love Verizon, their customer service is always top notch - NOT!
!

0 Likes
xRom4nx

Same here in Wisconsin, was wondering myself what was going on....

0 Likes
amandolin95

Same problem near Philadelphia, phone from CT. In the middle of texting convo, all of a sudden messages fail to send. Picture messages and data still work. I'm using a Droid Galaxy Stellar. When can we expect the service to come back?

0 Likes
Todd_wr

Hmm...that's very interesting. You think they are trying to make everyone go to smart phones?  If that's the case then SCREW THEM!

0 Likes
Switchlord

Our entire area has no texting with Verizon phones. Albany New York.

0 Likes
katie101
Enthusiast - Level 2

okay guys heres the deal. i FINALLY got through to someone. service is out in the northeast. they're working on it. if you complain to any person on online chat they will give you a 20$ credit

0 Likes
My phone does not send or receive texts in the past hour
jesy1977

Try to send yourself a generic text right now - appears my texting is back up send/receive..upstate NY.

0 Likes
Switchlord

working again

0 Likes
ginjor

Thanks for the info.  Only problem now is, you can't get on chat!  lol

0 Likes