My samsung Rogue's touchscreen stopped working!
ChiStar27
Enthusiast - Level 1

The touchscreen went out on my samsung SCHU960(Rogue). Verizon is sending me another phone but I want to erase my data before sending it back. Is there any way I can do it without going through the phone`s menu? I can get the system restore via the voice command but I have no way to confirm the restore because the touchscreen doesnt work. I've gone to the VZ store & the techs dont seem to know how to do it without the touchscreen either, but there has to be a way. Is there any software or codes that can be used to erase my data? I've received a refurb phone in the past that had the previous owner's pics, contacts, and etc. I dont want that to happen to me, lol. I have 10 days from today(5-28-10) to send it back, Please help...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My samsung Rogue's touchscreen stopped working!
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I looked on Verizon's support web site and it seems the only way is to go into the menu. You may want to try to get your touch screen to work if you can. Try to remove the battery for awhile (like 20 minutes). Even take out the battery.  Just maybe the touch screen would work for an instant for you to completely restore the phone.  If you get to that point all you would do is.....

1. With the phone open and from the main screen, press OK to choose Menu.
  2. Select Settings & Tools (Settings).
    Note If a menu is not displayed when selected, press OK.
  3. Select Phone Settings (System) then press OK.
  4. Select Security then press OK.
  5. Enter the lock code.
    Note The default lock code is the last 4-digits of the mobile number.
  6. Select Reset Phone / Settings then press OK.
  7. Ensure that Yes is selected then press OK
0 Likes
Re: My Samsung Rogue's touch screen stopped working! UPDATE!
ChiStar27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion but  I tried everything, and it still doesn't work. I went to a different VZ store & there was nothing they could do either. I was told that this is just something that happens to these phones. My phone started freezing up, then the touch screen started to respond very slowly. A week later, it stopped working all together and the whole phone is built around the **bleep** touch screen. What good is  having the keypad if you can't use it to bypass the touch screen in an instance like this? I'll tell you, NO GOOD! The good news is that I received the new phone today & I found software to delete my data. All is well again :smileyhappy:

Orion7

Wow,I can't believe that they once sent you a refurbished phone with the previous

owbers information on it,FAIL!

I can relate to your problem since I had a Rival screen failure so there was no

way to erase my personal information. The screen was pitch black so a hard

reset was not an option.

I hope the Reality doesn't have this issue down the road, since it is similar to

your Rogue.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

If possible and the software is legit, you should post here of what software you used.It might be beneficial to someone in the future. 

0 Likes
mretome1960

Surprisingly simple fix that has worked for many including myself can be found here:

http://www.askmefast.com/How_to_fix_touch_screen_phone_samsung_rogue-qna431667.html

0 Likes
Re: My samsung Rogue's touchscreen stopped working!
hamdi123
0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes