Need my PIN number
pduggs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got a new phone from Verizon.  To port my contacts, Verizon wants my PIN number.  But, I do not have a PIN number. 

Can anybody help me? The Verizon website is garbage and offers no help.

Labels (1)
Re: Need my PIN number
Tidbits
Legend

Did you try the last 4 of your phone number of social?

What phone do you have? And what way are you trying to port them?

0 Likes
pduggs
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG Comos 2.  I did not try phone or social.  Verizon offers a service with the phone to port my contacts.

0 Likes
pduggs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried phone and social.  No go.  I don't recall ever using a PIN with Verizon.  CRAZY!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ok so you are using backup assistant?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you give me some time I can get you some screenshot tutorials for you to find your PIN.

You have to log into MyVerizon and find backup assistant link under services. It should take you to your contacts and in the upper right there it should show you a PIN.

0 Likes
pduggs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Need my PIN number
Tidbits
Legend

Ok  here we go.

First log into MyVerizon

MyVerizon.png

Hover your mouse over My Verizon pictured above, and a Drop down should appear.

My Device.PNG

At the drop down menu look for My Device pictured above and click on Back Up My Contacts

Pin Number.png

Now you should be able to see your contacts in Back Up Assistant Plus. What you are looking for is pictured above and should be on your upper right side and you should see a View Pin button.

Tidbits
Legend

there you go

0 Likes
pduggs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help.

I did as you suggested.  I am assuming you left out clicking on the Sync button to sync the contacts to my new phone.  I did this an hour ago and it is still syncing.  I have only 39 contacts. 

How long should it take?

0 Likes