Network extender does not work with prepaid plans?
Zaffer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I bought a network extender for my basic phone.  I have the prepaid $35.00 plan.  It was offered as an accessory when I bought the phone and I wanted to get it but Verizon was out of stock, so I bought one from Amazon.  I now have it set up and it appears to be working.  All the lights are blue and I get 4 bars on my phone and I get the 2 beeps that indicate it is working when I make a call. 

But when I called Verizon tech support they said the network extender would not work with a prepaid plan, only contract!  If this is true, why did Verizon offer it for sale when I bought my prepaid phone?  Why won't they set it up for me?  Thanks.

Zaffer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network extender does not work with prepaid plans?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Zaffer,

My sincere apologies for the confusion at hand with your wireless account. Having full understanding of available options is indeed important. When it comes to online ordering accessories do not link directly to your account. This option allows customers the opportunity to purchase accessories for many devices. When browsing the Network Extender on our website it does advise that Prepaid Accounts are ineligible. Unfortunately the Network Extender would not be compatible for Prepaid Accounts at this time, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Zaffer,

My sincere apologies for the confusion at hand with your wireless account. Having full understanding of available options is indeed important. When it comes to online ordering accessories do not link directly to your account. This option allows customers the opportunity to purchase accessories for many devices. When browsing the Network Extender on our website it does advise that Prepaid Accounts are ineligible. Unfortunately the Network Extender would not be compatible for Prepaid Accounts at this time, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ben3

When I purchased my network extender SCS-26UC4  several years ago I had a multi-year contract plan at the time.  I had to purchase the extender because the coverage is so lousy in my neighborhood.  It worked flawlessly.  When my phone died, the Verizon store recommended I switch to prepaid based on my usage patterns.  When I signed up for prepaid I specifically asked about the network extender and was assured by Verizon sales that I would have no problems and could continue to use it.  I was never made aware that it is not supported under prepaid.  Shortly afterward it stopped working.  I called Verizon service and after talking to multiple supervisors and pitching a fit they somehow reactivated the network extender.  It worked for about six months and recently stopped working again.  This experience has left me with very poor feelings toward Verizon Wireless.  I feel I was completely mislead by Verizon sales and I find myself in a situation in which they got money for a new phone that I cannot use because I need the network extender.  If I want to get the extender to work again I will now have to loose the money on the new phone and get another new phone plus a more expensive contract.  Plus I now wonder if the extender that I have is of an age that it also needs to be upgraded.  When I moved to prepaid I did ask the right question but got a bad answer.  Who is at fault here?  There is something about this treatment that I find highly unethical.   

0 Likes