Network not responding
muetzes18

I was texting and receiving messages just fine all day, then suddenly it stopped. I can do everything fine, just not send a normal text message. It comes up Network not responding. I have the Samung Convoy 2. How do i fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Network not responding
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try resetting the connection to the network.  Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: 8155701353
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Muetzes18!

Let's give your text messages a jump start! Ann definitely provided a phenomenal suggestion to reprogram your device. Hopefully that worked out!

I really appreciate the error message as well, always helpful! Are you able to receive text messages just fine?

I would try doing a bit of spring cleaning on your text messages and delete some of the messages you no longer need!

Keep us posted as I want you back in the messaging game!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dbrenmoore

I was having issues with my phone sending and receiving picture messages. It would not stay true to the 3G network so I followed the tip about *228 and it worked. This is the second time though. Could this be an issue with my phone itself which is a Convoy 2?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing that *228 which we recommend doing at least once a month, dbrenmoore. This ensures that you stay connected to the closest towers. It's difficult to say if it is a device problem or a Convoy 2 concern.
This can all depend on if you are in a solid 3G area, or if you are in a fringe area where you lose that signal. In most cases a quick battery pull or power off/on will jump start the device to connect to our towers so the signal will work. Please do keep us posted and we can investigate further if needed.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes