New Convoy 2 - cannot transfer contacts to it
DoctorBitmap

So I am a new Verizon customer, having switched from Sprint. I wanted a ruggedized phone, and the sales clerk discovered that the Samsung Convoy 2 had just been released, so she ordered one for me. It arrived yesterday (Wed, August 10) and I took the Convoy 2 and my old Sanyo phone to the Verizon store. They attempted to transfer my contacts and data from the old phone to the Convoy 2, but could not.

I was told that the phone is so new, the transfer software does not have the ability to perform the contacts transfer. The clerk had no idea when the transfer can be done.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a Verizon store to obtain this software? I would have thought that Samsung would have already made it available.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Convoy 2 - cannot transfer contacts to it
derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, if you are going to do the transfer through bluetooth (which is what I would do in this case), you don't need a number on both phones.  Go to your bluetooth menu on both phones, and turn on bluetooth on both devices.  Then on one of the phones, go to options> discovery mode> set to on.  Then use the other phone and choose add new device.  When the phone finds the other, choose "pair".  Make sure device codes match and push ok.  Or if it asks to enter a security code enter 0000 or 1234 or anything thats easy to enter and enter on the other device.  Then you can choose always connect if it asks for connection security settings.  On your old phone, scroll to where your Convoy 2 phone's name or model is listed and push ok.  Then select "send name card".  When the send name card screen comes up, click options>mark all>ok.  Select done, and they should transfer.

View solution in original post

derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do both phones have bluetooth?  If so you can transfer contacts that way without going into a store.

0 Likes
DoctorBitmap

Both phones support bluetooth. The old phone no longer has a working phone number - it was transferred to the Convoy 2. Maybe I don't need a phone number on both phones, though, for the contacts transfer(?)

I looked through the Convoy 2 PDF manual and did not see a procedure for transferring contacts. Is there an online procedure available?

0 Likes
derbyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, if you are going to do the transfer through bluetooth (which is what I would do in this case), you don't need a number on both phones.  Go to your bluetooth menu on both phones, and turn on bluetooth on both devices.  Then on one of the phones, go to options> discovery mode> set to on.  Then use the other phone and choose add new device.  When the phone finds the other, choose "pair".  Make sure device codes match and push ok.  Or if it asks to enter a security code enter 0000 or 1234 or anything thats easy to enter and enter on the other device.  Then you can choose always connect if it asks for connection security settings.  On your old phone, scroll to where your Convoy 2 phone's name or model is listed and push ok.  Then select "send name card".  When the send name card screen comes up, click options>mark all>ok.  Select done, and they should transfer.

DoctorBitmap

The procedure worked perfectly! Thank you so much.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
mlm9069
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having a similar problem but unfortunately no blue tooth capability here. Rather, I am attempting to use the backupassistant on the VzW website. When I attempt the sync on the website all I receive on my convoy 2 is a text message with a few digits on the text message. Anyone have any advice?

wvacjh

July 14, 2012 and I'm about to give them their phone back.  Even the person that answered the phone (talked to tech himself, did not let me talk to them) didn't get it.  I'm furious!

0 Likes
wvacjh

Please tell me you figured it out.  I'm going nuts knowing my data is in there somewhere but I cannot get it.....AT ALL!  Did you ever download from VzW website?  I dont have bluetooth either.

0 Likes