Newer basic phones getting texts ok?
llong314
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if the newer basic flip phones (LG Exalt LTE and the Kyocera LTE phones) are able to receive text messages (mostly from iPhones) with emoji's and different types of punctuation?  Or are text messages still coming thru "scrambled", even on these newer basic phones?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Newer basic phones getting texts ok?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I believe those 2 run some sort of android so maybe. However I have had this issue on my LG G4 that has Marshmallow. It seems some iPhone emojis just don't translate to android.

0 Likes
llong314
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still trying to confirm that the LG Exalt LTE is able to receive text messages from Smart phones (mostly iPhones) without being scrambled by the use of emojis or different types of punctuation?  I have tried getting a firm answer, either yes or no, from reps at Verizon but they have been no help.

Can anyone that is currently using the LG Exalt LTE provide an update on this... are you able to receive and read texts from iPhones that are using emojis and punctuation?   Or are text messages scrambled even on these newer "basic" phones?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Some iPhone messages with emojis are messed up even on my Android smartphone. That's what's happens when you have 2 different OSes. So yes you will occasionally get messed up messages but it has nothing to do with it being a basic phone. It's just about got the same specs are the lower end Android smartphones.

0 Likes