Nokia 2720 V Flip Touch Tone During Call
JoeEau

It seems that the Nokia 2720 V Flip phone I have does not make touch tone sounds during a call.  This means I can't use it for automated processes that require entering numbers with the keypad.

Is there a way to enable this?

0 Likes
Re: Nokia 2720 V Flip Touch Tone During Call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeEau,

Making sure you can use your phone in the ways you need to is a big deal. We want to make sure this works in the best way possible. Let's check a couple of settings. If you go into your settings on the phone under personalization>sound>other sounds what options do you have there? -Andrew

0 Likes
JoeEau

Under Settings > Personalization > Sound > Other Sounds, there are two options, "Dial pad sound" and "Camera sound".

Turning on "Dial pad sound" causes dial pad tones to come out of the phone speaker, but they are not sent through during a call.

I checked this by calling a different phone with "Dial pad sound" on and also by trying to use a touch tone system with "Dial pad sound" on.

The phone does appear to be trying to do something with touch tones, as dialing during a call shows the dialed numbers and brings up a "Cancel" option in the lower left, but if there's a "Send" that makes the numbers sound I can't find it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info. Those are the steps we have available in regard to enabling touch tone sounds. Were you able to hear a sound before? -Corey

0 Likes
JoeEau

Touch tone dialing did not work before and still does not work.

I hear sounds coming from the phone, but they are not sent through the call.

0 Likes