Not receiving Text Messages
kimbo45

I have  an LG Octane & have not been receiving any texts that have been sent to me for the past 8 hours from anyone. 

I have shut off my phone, took the battery out, charged it, called *228 (option 1) and still am not receving any messages. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving Text Messages
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

kimbo45, I know this can be frustrating because I use text messaging for over half of my communication with my friends and family. I see you have performed some minor trouble-shooting steps we would try first and you were unsuccessful. I have also checked with our technical team and I did not find this issue was reported as being a known issue. This may be a network issue and we may need to check your account for issues. We will check to find out if text messaging was blocked by mistake. What area are you located in? Is this issue occurring with more than one person? Please report back with information from the above questions and if you’re not having the issue any longer, let us know how it was resolved.

If your still having this issue, we will need to speak with your for additional trouble shooting. I would also try deleting some of your your messages. Listed below are steps to delete messages. Once you have deleted some of your messages, power cycle the device. 

1. With the handset open and from the main screen, press the left soft key to choose Message.

2. Press the right soft key to choose Options.

3. Select an option then press OK.

• Erase Messages

• Select an option then press OK.

• All (read and unread) Messages

• Only read Messages

• Erase Sent

• Yes

• No

• Erase Drafts

• Yes

• No

• Erase All

• All Messages including Unread

• All except Unread Messages

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving Text Messages
yenracd2

I also have the LG Octane and have been experiencing this problem today.  I text with family (on same family plan) and they are not getting my texts right away.  Takes anywhere from one hour to three hours to receive my texts.  I am sending them to an iphone.  The family member I text with the iphone is getting other texts right away from other Verizon customers and customers from other wireless carriers, they just aren't getting mine from the LG Octane.

I have tried all of the above on both of these posts and nothing has fixed this.  I even tried to see if there was a software update, but there is nothing new and it says that it is up to date.

Is there anything else I can try?

0 Likes