Our cell phones keep dropping calls in area code 23141. Is the cell tower out or something?
miracleworker

Both cell phones are dropping most all calls today in area code 23141.  Is the cell tower out or something?  We have never experienced this type of problem before.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Our cell phones keep dropping calls in area code 23141. Is the cell tower out or something?
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

Hi miraleworker.. it is Robie again.. just marking this post so everyone else know it has been worked... service in this Charles City Virginia area and surrounding is experiencing a service outage due to the strom.. this has been verified by myself directly with Verizon. and technicians are working on getting this resolved...

thank you again Miraleworker

Re: Our cell phones keep dropping calls in area code 23141.  Is the cell tower out or something?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It may be cause by weather simply giving you poor signal quality. Wait a bit to see if there is improvement and you can check with others in your area to see if they are having the same problem.  

0 Likes
Re: Our cell phones keep dropping calls in area code 23141.  Is the cell tower out or something?
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

GalaxyClass I have confirmed with Verizon there is a outage in the Charles City, VA and surrounding areas.. along with one in Colorado.. they do have technicians out working on this and will continue until all is up and operating again...

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I had a feeling it was weather related, but a big thank you for that check...nice job rtiffin.

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

thank you GalaxyClass.. I also did a post to the community forum...hoping others will see it ... it was confirmed with Verizon.. so I am working thru the posts and trying to update...

Colorado is down too in some areas

Re: Our cell phones keep dropping calls in area code 23141. Is the cell tower out or something?
jrc2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine went out around 1200 1/31/15 and remains out.  Verizon nothing but double talk with regard to resolution.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.   Please advise status of the alleged repair crew, or if you've simply elected to drop service to what appears to be several thousand customers in Eastern VA.

0 Likes
jrc2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was not weather related.  Beautiful sunny day 1/31/15.

Are you a Verizon employee?

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

No, a Verizon customer and forum member like yourself. Weather related can be a sunny day ,windy and clear ,rain or dry. Why ? because the problem or multi problems can be cause by a past weather condition or a present condition. Such as water in a cable or feedline or an antenna that was blown out of aim point by a wind gust, temperature problem (both hot & cold) electrical outage and more. A tower crew can't climb unless all condition are safe at the tower site, so most customers not working in or trained in this field find it someone hard to understand the term "weather related". Hope this helps to clear things up .  thank you for your reply.

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

jrc2015

I am sorry you are still having issues with your service.. the information I posted advised all that there was a large area of outage in the  Charles City, VA area and surrounding .. the zip code listed on the original post is approximately 16 mi and would be included ..THIS information did come directly from a Verizon Representative

since we are unable to access directly into a customers record.. there is no way we can gather more information ... but I can advise you that if you go to the top of this page where you account information can be accessed you can contact a representative of Verizon that has access to your records and get additional information on the status..

I hope you service is reestablished soon..

Have a nice evening..