PANTECH HOTSHOT QUESTION
closecall

How do I use one of my downloaded songs as a ringtone WITHOUT internet access?

<post moved from the "Android" space to the "Basic Phone" space for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PANTECH HOTSHOT QUESTION
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ringtones need to be limited to 30 seconds or less, so an entire song is not going to work.  You 'll need an audio editing program  to clip the 30 sec portion you want to use, and then you'll need to get it into the ring tones folder on the SD card.  On some devices it needs to be in the internal memory of the phone; can you select a song and use the options to "Save as a ringtone"? 

By far the easiest way (IMHO) is to upload the song to phonezoo, clip it with their online tool, and have it sent, already formatted, to your phone.  Of course, this requires the use of the internet, and I know you said no internet.  Do you mean internet on the phone, or internet in general?  You can use phonezoo on your computer, and it will send the ringtone as a text  message to your phone, with out using internet on your phone.

0 Likes
closecall

YOU'RE AWESOME!!  Thanks so much!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to help - just out of curiosity, which of the options I offered was the workable one for you?

0 Likes
closecall

I created a couple of ringtones from my music on iTunes via Phonezoo.  Worked perfectly.

I've been looking for 45 minutes now, trying to find ONE SONG on iTunes!  I see it, I make

sure its the correct path, I even rebooted but I simply can't find it.  Frustrating.

But, Phonezoo is awesome!  Thanks again.

Cecilia

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

uh on my sd card, there isnt a ringtones folder. and any folder i create (ive tried Ringtone, My_Ringtones, ringtones, Ringtones, Ringers) just puts them all in sound. when i go to the card memory, it finds them under my ringtones but the phone puts them under sounds or music

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, nuger93

I want to ensure you have a great Android experience! All Android OS devices, including the Hotshot, put ringtones under the Music app. You'll still be able to select them for ringtones based on the file format, like normal! I hope that helps! Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hi, nuger93

I want to ensure you have a great Android experience! All Android OS devices, including the Hotshot, put ringtones under the Music app. You'll still be able to select them for ringtones based on the file format, like normal! I hope that helps! Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Uhhh adam, i think you need to go back and look at verizons classification of the Hotshot. The Hotshot is a BASIC phone not a smartphone and it runs the BREW MP OS not the android OS. i was thinking of upgrading to a smartphone till you guys did away with the old plans that were affordable to our situation and replaced them with plans that would jack our monthly bill by more than $85/month at the minimum.

0 Likes