Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Pantech Caper - Backup Assistant failure; no Bluetooth file transfer; no USB modem drivers
odjebi2

I just purchased a Pantech Caper TXT8035PP to replace an ancient Motorola V326.I use it on a grandfathered basic pre-pay plan, just some calling, voicemail, texting.

I want to maintain my contacts. I've tried three things... none work.

When I try to access Verizon's Backup Assistant, I get an Error! page that says:

Backup Assistant cannot connect to the Data Network. Please try again later. Error code 216.

I've tried multiple times... no success.

When I use Bluetooth to connect to a Mac, I can only pull one ID card from the Mac to the Caper... the ME card in Mac notebook... no others.

When I use Bluetooth to try to pull a .VCF file of key contacts from the Mac to the Caper using File Transfer, I can reach the Public folder on the Mac where I put the .VCF file, can view the .VCF file name on the Caper display, but when I select the file to download it to the Caper, I get an Error page that says:

NOT SUPPORTED

Interestingly, when I try to send several ID cards from the Caper to the Mac via Bluetooth, I can mark one or more contact records, send them, and the Mac receives each record as one .VCF file and I am able to choose which ones to add to the Macs address book.

When I try to use USB to connect to a PC, I am unable to locate the Pantech USB modem driver in Windows, on the Pantech Web site, in the Verizon Web site, or in the results of running the Verizon VZ_Access-UM150-Win.exe file which actually places a number of Pantech driver files and .inf files in the /Program Files/Pantech/PANTECH USB Modem directory. Device Manager checks the Caper and I direct it to the PANTECH USB Modem directory, but Device Manager says that there is no Pantech USB Modem file found.

I'm stymied.

While I can transfer multiple contact records from the Caper to the Mac, I can't find a way to transfer more than one contact record (only for ME) back to the Caper.

Is there a setting I need to tweak? Is there a prepaid plan setting that I need Verizon's help to fix?

So far, making the switch really isn't working out. With the Motorola, I could manage my contacts with Motorola Phone Tools. With the Caper I can't.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes