Pantech HotShot -- No Ringtones, Alarms, Alerts, or Speakerphone!!!
SouthernFlayva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a problem with HotShot. I've had this phone for more than a year, & I would occassionally have the problem of no ringtone but I would hear the missed call/voicemail alert. I just brushed it off & chalked it up to having crappy reception in my house (which I do). 2-3 weeks ago, a new issue started. None of my ringtones will play, none of my alerts or alarms will sound, & the speakerphone doesn't work either. I took out the battery & put it back in, and I even did a complete factory restore/reset on the phone & nothing has worked. I have both reprogrammed the phone & updated the roaming capabilities, and I have made sure that I have the most current software update. When the main volume is up (at any level), I am able to hear the touch tones when I'm selecting options on the screen, dialing a number, or texting, but none of the other sounds work. HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech HotShot -- No Ringtones, Alarms, Alerts, or Speakerphone!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so many things to get your phone working again, SouthernFlayva. Both issues you've described don't seem to be very commonly reported for such a great phone. Although we don't manufacture the phone, we definitely want to make sure we get your phone working so you can enjoy our network. Has your phone been exposed to any liquid or physical damage? Are you hearing the touch tones through the same speaker that the ringtones and musinc would play? Are you able to listen to music through the speaker?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes