Pantech Hotshot Horrible Phone
bshort4

So I recently switched over from Tmobile thinking that Verizon would be a better company and service. I signed for a two year contract which i now regret and i got the Pantech Hotshot yes it is a free phone but i was also purchasing a Verizon hotspot. Even though the phone was free after rebates it still should be a good phone. I have never really picked a phone that was more then 50 bucks with a renewal contract at Tmobile and I was always happy with their phones. I have had tons of phones even the sidekick was better then this phone. So now for the problems of this phone, first couple days i had it i noticed the text was lagged and yes i type fast but any phone should keep up. I even tried slowing down some and it still freezes up, skips letters and just freezes. Which makes any type of texting very hard to do. It is hard to describe all the little problems while texting but is very lagged and just horrible sometimes i have to wait 10 to 20 seconds for the phone to type one letter, then i can press a letter and it recognizes i do but the letter doesnt show up. The whole phone lags when pushing any button and no i dont have internet or any other programs open besides what i am using. I would like to see verizon do something about this, recall the phone, give out a new choice of a phone but dealing with verizon wireless so far i can tell they dont care and wont acknowledge this problem. I would like to know if anyone else is having as much problems as i am.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Hotshot Horrible Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, bshort4-

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you've been having on the Pantech Hotshot. By and large, the device has been very successful and popular with our customers. I understand the need to have a device work well into your daily activities like text message communications. Please reach out to me via direct message and I can assist further with your concerns. If necessary, we can honor Pantech's warranty and exchange the device for a Certified Like-New Hotshot at no cost.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tiffrain

I don't why they keep saying it's such a great phone everybody has the same complaints!!! It really needs to be taken off as an option. I seriously need to be medicated after trying to text. My kids keep telling me to stop yelling at my phone all the time. LOL

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I was considering that phone but when I researched all the horrible user reviews turned me off from it.  You just gotta research good before you get any phone with any company.  The verizon stores here don't even carry it to look at but I found a model at radio shack to see and the guy there told me to stay away from it.  Mary

0 Likes
Orpheus75

I hear you.  It can't be very successful or that great of a phone if I can web search the issue and see quite a large number of results.  Not to mention that myself and my fiance got this phone, and both of them have the exact same issue(s).   I had to resort to turning off the Bluetooth feature, which I have concluded is the issue causing lockups.

0 Likes