Pantech Hotshot.. Issues.
chelsea_renae

My Pantech Hotshot randomly reboots all the time. I bought it new from the store, I've had it for just over a month, never dropped it, it has no water damage. I don't understand why it's having this problem, but it shuts off then turns itself back on multiple times a day. It happens randomly, I could be in the middle of a call, or it could just be lying on the table and I happen to notice it restarting itself. It also doesn't always play my ringtone when I receive a call. I've tried multiple different tones, but it does the same thing with all of them- sometimes it'll play the ringtone when someone calls, other times it's silent and then plays the missed call tone at the appropriate time... Over all, I like the phone, but these issues are starting to get very annoying. Especially it restarting itself when I'm in the middle of a call. Anyone else having problems like this with their Hotshot?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Hotshot.. Issues.
Dexadoodle

I am having the same problem and I am on my second one.  I traded for a refurb one and it does the same thing.  Randomly doesn't play ringtone and instead missed call alert.  It also randomly undoes all my pic I have saved to contacts and I have to take the battery out to bring them back.  Minus these issues I really like the phone.  However this is going to get old if it keeps it up!

0 Likes
fore

I believe i am having the same issue  when yours reboots or whatever it is doing are you getting a sound continuous like the sund it makes when you turn it on or off  I have the phone for about 6 months and just noticed it doing this the past month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,  I want to help make sure the device functions properly.  I am glad each of you is enjoying the phone when it is working.  Does the restart happen when your using a specific process or is it always random?  Can you please clarify the current software that each of you have on the device?
Menu>Settings & Tools>Phone Info>SW/HW Version>SW Version. 

I am eager to troubleshoot further and come to a solution.  Please let me know if you have any additional concerns. 

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
fore

does it randomly Software version D8992VWBC44F.236 hope this helps

0 Likes
Dexadoodle

My version is D8992VWBC44F.236

Thanks so much for looking into it.  As I said I REALLY like the phone when it works and don't want to turn it in for something else so hopefully you can get it resolved.

So just to be clear my phone randomly doesn't sound the ringtone but instead it sounds the missed call chime.  But other times it does sound the ringtone like it should.  When it only does the missed call chime I then see the call and phone the person back.  It has happened with my friends and family on Verizon and those who aren't with Verizon.  Not good though if it is a Dr's office which has happened to me twice.  They are so hard to get ahold of so when you get that call you want to be able to answer it.

The other issue which doesn't happen as much to me is that I will be using the phone on a call and then hang up and all the pics that I have saved to pic id for contact numbers are gone.  Same for pics in the pics area.  But if I take the battery out and put it back in they are there.

0 Likes
killerdroid1990

I believe I may be able to save the day....... there is one Problem you have to do a full phone restore so back up your contacts to Back up assist.... than go through you phone menu as Follows..... Settings>Phone Settings> Security Settings than click restore phone and than hit yes yes yes and it will restore its self and should fix all your problems I really hope this helps yall I don't have this phone I am to much in love with my Pantech Jest 2!

0 Likes
Dexadoodle

Unfortunately with my first hotshot phone the cs reps at Verizon did that to mine and it still ended up having the same issues.  That is why they gave me a new phone.  But it must not be a fluke thing because the second phone does the same thing.  So hopefully there is another solution out there.

0 Likes
JMDeVito

I called yesterday to ask if Verizon had any record of this issue.  This thread is very interesting to me since they told me they had no record of such an issue.  I just got a Hotshot recently and it also reboots on me.  I find that it most often happens when I hit the Back button, but it has happened at other times as well.  I end up having it happen at least once a week.  My OS is Brew MP 1.0.3.970 and a check for updates indicates that everything is up to date.  I too have not dropped it and it has not sustained any water damage.  I make sure I never expose it to things that electronics don't like.  It is most certainly a bug in the OS on the phone.

0 Likes
Dexadoodle

That is strange because when I turned my first Hotshot in the rep called technical support and reported to him the issue.  Their suggestion was to hard reset the phone which we already had tried.  Then they said it must just be a fluke and gave me a refurbed hotshot phone.  But when this one started doing it too that is when I went online to see if others are experiencing it.  So it supposedly has been reported but maybe not recorded?

0 Likes