Pantech Hotshot and USB Dumping issue?
Zweilophone

So, recently, I got the Pantech Hotshot. I loved the phone. After about a month of use, I decided to get a microSD card to expand them memory a bit. The thing is, when I put the SD card in and turned the phone on, A screen came up with an illustration of a computer and a cell phone with the word Downloading under the phone illustration. Under that, in bright green letters, there is something that says " *USB Dump..."  This screen has been up for about 24 hours now. I have tried to take the battery out and restart the phone, but the screen came up again. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Hotshot and USB Dumping issue?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try removing the SD card and reboot - does the phone come back to normal?  If it does, then reinsert the card and try again.  If you get the same error, try putting the card in your computer (using an adapter and/or card reader) to see what is on the card.

Normally, the card needs to be formatted prior to adding files to it from your phone, but it happens automatically when the phone detects the card.  For some reason, the phone is not detecting the card properly.  What size (memory capacity) is the card?  Brand? 

0 Likes
Zweilophone

The phone does come back to normal without the card in it. When I put the card back in, I got the same error. I put the card into my computer and formmated it, so there is nothing left on the card.

The card is a 2 Gigabyte Kingston. I've used it on the phone I had before this one and it worked just fine.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest trying a different micro SD card - although the card worked in your previous phone, it sounds like there is something about that particular card that your current phone does not like, for whatever reason.  Try a different brand card? 

0 Likes
moorox
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son's hotshot just started doing that and he had done nothing to the memory card.  After talk for about a half hour   to tech support, they are sending him a new phone.  From this discussion, it sounds as though the issue is the memory card, though and not the phone itself.  He has tried different cards in it, though and it still gives that message.

Zweilophone

I'm not 100% certain it is the memory card.. I've tried putting in 2 different ones, both with the same results. Also, the Home button is not responsive sometimes, and the phone will unlock itself at random. I think it just might be phone with some tech issues.... I'll probably call Verizon to see if I can get a replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zweilophone,

Thank you for posting to our forum! I have not seen any related concerns that have been reported to us, but seeing this in the community is concerning. If you need assistance with your phone still or if the error is still appearing on the replacement device, let me know so I can assist further.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

mine just starting doing this. i currently have a CLNR replacement that i received on monday. it was fine then yesterday the phone started acting funny and started freezing on startup and delayed locking. now when i put the sd card in it gives me the usb dump error. I just recently settled an FCC claim with verizon and i am getting tired of all these issues. every phone ive had, has had software issues or something go wrong

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nuger93, I can understand how it would be frustrating to have so many issues arise at once on your device. I'll be happy to help figure out this issue. Do you receive the error message as soon as the device turns on? Do you have another SD card to try? If you have another phone or computer with card reader installed, check to see if your SD card is readable there. Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

the sd card was fine and i tested more than one. Tech support has sent me yet another CLNR but i am very weary of it because every phone ive had has major issues and this is my 3rd device within 2 weeks. And due to these issues, im beginning to wonder if something has gone wrong on verizons end that has turned my number sour. These issues dont happen to most everyone i know (at least not with EVERY device) nor have they happened to any of the other numbers on the account. its annoying and it has happened on EVERY device that has ever been activated on my number.

0 Likes