Pantech Hotshot has horrible signal strength
webbyW

I have a Pantech hotshot and tend to have 1/2 of a bar with 3G/1X while in my home.  Other family members on our same plan have much stronger signals within the house.  We also have a verizon wireless home phone line that seems to have fine reception.  Is this inherent in the device or can I do something to improve this?  I've done #228 recently.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Hotshot has horrible signal strength
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue is verizon dumped the modern EVDO REV A network capabilities and went back in time to the EVDO rev 0 (the rev 0 had slower data speeds and less strength) My guess is that if you look at the specs on the other phones, they are EVDO rev A which im my experience had better signal quality. I had the lg versa (rev a Compatible) before my hotshot and the versa always had 3-4of 4 bars for both 3g (EVDO) and 1X whereas my hotshot gets 3 bars of 1x and if im lucky 2 bars of 3g. Verizon implemented these phones to literally be a basic phone and if you want the better signals, more advanced features and 4g capability, then they force you to the smartphone plans. NONE of the feature phones are 4g compatible and they wont be until verizon does away with 3g

0 Likes