Pantech Hotshot
william5419

So I have owned two Pantech Hotshot phones, both of which have failed on me.  A second replacement phone is due to arrive at my house tomorrow.  If this one also fails, then I should just buy another cellphone, return the phone to Verizon Wireless, and let them do whatever they want with it except return it to me.  I would buy a new cellphone with my own money, or just accept another phone from a relative who offered it to me.  The last Pantech Hotshot, the first replacement unit, was a reconditioned unit which failed to subscribe to mobile email and never did get into the mobile web.  The phone I had before that froze and also blacked out when trying to type.

Can't Verizon just give me a newer and different phone other than the Pantech models, like the LG Cosmos 3?  Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pantech Hotshot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

william5419,
I certainly understand the importance of having an operable device! The manufacture warranty provides a replacement of the same make and model. Have you received your replacement? How is it working for you? Please keep me posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

william5419,
I certainly understand the importance of having an operable device! The manufacture warranty provides a replacement of the same make and model. Have you received your replacement? How is it working for you? Please keep me posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
william5419

Other than trying to get back into Mobile Email, it has worked fine.  When I called VZ Wireless today about it, they said that the only way I could renew it was to buy a data plan.  Forget it, I told them.  So I will just go through the Mobile Web route and get my email that way.  Only it adds time to whatever data usage I have used and it won't be very much, either.

I learned that the Mobile Email for the Pantech Hotshot expired on March 28 of this year.  My original Pantech Hotshot had that feature on.  So I had better not be charged $5.00 a month to use the Mobile Email on the present Pantech Hotshot I have now because I can't access it after the free trial run.  When I try to renew it, it only says cancel on the bottom of the display.

Also, I learned that these phones were made in 2011. That being said, I feel that my first Pantech Hotshot was sold to me as a reconditioned device.  No wonder it failed, as did the second one.  You sold me a really cheap device.

I should have shopped further and chose an LG Cosmos 3 phone instead.  When the Pantech Hotshot I now have fails, I simply will buy another basic cellphone from Amazon and activate it through Verizon since I am not eligible to buy a new cellphone for less than a buck for two years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello william5419,

We want you to love and enjoy your wireless device & service with us. While the mobile email option is no longer available, we can verify that you are not being billed for this service going forward. Also, if you are interested then we can discuss additional wireless options and devices that may suit your needs. If interested then please send me a private message so we can begin.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes