Pantech Jest 2 Unable to send/receive multimedia messages
T_Dorski

I have a pantech jest 2 that I have thus far, had no problems with...until the other night. For some reason the roaming symbol popped up, I tried everything I could to fix it, even did a master reset and took it into Verizon...they said it was bouncing off of their towers, and just to ignore the symbol... However, now that my phone thinks it's roaming, I am unable to send/receive any data texts whatsoever and also cannot connect to the internet on my phone... I have the appropriate package on my phone plan, and I was always able to do this before. Any ideas on what I can do to correct this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Jest 2 Unable to send/receive multimedia messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried updating your PRL (preferred roaming list) by dialing *228, then option 2?

0 Likes
T_Dorski

I definitely did try that. and no such luck. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@T.Dorski

Picture messaging is a great feature when it's working properly!  I'd love to help!  Please ensure the Network Mode in System Select on your device is set to CDMA Mode, and CDMA Settings are set to Automatic http://bit.ly/YogF1T.  Also, let's turn "Multimedia Auto Receive" on.  (From the main screen, press "OK" to choose Menu. Select Messaging, then press "OK". Press the left soft key to choose Settings. Select Multimedia Auto Receive, then press "OK". Select "ON".)  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes