Pantech, can't download music?
smokeykk

I know I've downloaded music onto the Pantech hotshot before, and it worked, more or less. Actually I think I've done it twice. This time, no such luck. I went into files and found pantech and tried reinstalling whatever it was, but this didn't work. When I plug the device into the computer, the battery is seemingly charging, so I know it's connected. The supposed "Removable disk X:" is not visible anywhere in the sidebar of my files, and the phone is only equipped with a micro sd card, so no chance of putting it in the computer. I'd really like to get my music onto my phone, and I'm getting very frustrated with verizon's software requirements for my computer.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech, can't download music?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

smokeykk wrote:

... When I plug the device into the computer, the battery is seemingly charging, so I know it's connected. The supposed "Removable disk X:" is not visible anywhere in the sidebar of my files, and the phone is only equipped with a micro sd card, so no chance of putting it in the computer. I'd really like to get my music onto my phone, and I'm getting very frustrated with verizon's software requirements for my computer.

When you plug the phone in, you may need to set it to USB Mass storage mode to be able to view the micro SD card and transfer files.  Go to menu (with the phone plugged in), Settings, Tools, USB Mass storage ....

You also said the "phone is only equipped with a micro sd card, so no chance of putting it in the computer" - why is that?  There are adapters - in fact, most of the micro cards I buy come with adapters that fit the SD slot.  Still, it's easier to hook up via USB and you don't have to mess with handling the micro card, which is really tiny and delicate.  but it is very possible to use and adapter and read the card on your computer directly.

0 Likes
smokeykk

The thing is I don't have an adapter, and I don't plan on buying one. The phone is set to USB Mass storage, and the X drive still doesn't show up

0 Likes
Not applicable

smokeykk wrote:

The thing is I don't have an adapter, and I don't plan on buying one. The phone is set to USB Mass storage, and the X drive still doesn't show up

The adapter is included with most micro sd cards purchased today. ask your friends to either lend you one or give you one. I must have 10 adapters in my computer bag. I would hope someone you know would have a spare.

If you hook up via computer if as you stated it is set for usb mass storage it may need you to hit the F5 key to refresh the list. then it should show as drive :X (where X Can be d,e,f,g, etc.)

I have found its very simple to mess up the usb cable in the computer connection. Try another usb port and see if it is found. My system makes a ding sound when connected and the removable drive icon is in the system tray.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

In addition to Elector's reply, be sure yo are connecting to a USB port that is directly connected to the motherboard... if it is on a keyboard, or hub device, it may not work - we found that to be the case with my son's ENv3.  It had to be an open USB on the computer itself.  His USB keyboard ports did NOT work to see the phone as a separate drive.

0 Likes