Part of Keypad Not Working
bills187

Hi everyone,

I have an LG VX5400 phone, and have been having trouble with the keypad for the past week or so.  Specifically, the middle column of numbers (2, 5, 8, and 0) does not work.  I can't press any of these numbers, which makes texting very difficult.  In addition, I also can't press the Speaker Phone button, the Send button, or the "up" button on the left side of the phone (which increases master volume).  The rest of the keys work as normal.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-bills

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Part of Keypad Not Working
bills187

Any ideas?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

How long have you had the Device ?  If you've had it for a long time 6 month or a year it might be the contact pads on the underside of your key pad is worn down or Worn out.. Is the phone around allot of Dust Like farming, Grain Elevator, Etc. or are you were there is allot of moisture any one of those elements can cause shortness of Life in the Keypads..But if your not around any of that as i mentioned it might just physical wear..

I would take it too the Local come store and have a Rep or Manager take a look at it and if they can't get it to work as mentioned they'll possibly send you home with a new one or a Refurbished one... or have one sent to your residence.. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bills187, it sounds like your device has a mind of it's own. I'm here to assist with getting it to work. I reccommend that you power your device off and remove the battery briefly. You will then need to place the battery back into your device and power it on. This is a soft reset. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes