Passkey on Samsung Convoy
dkbcats

I am trying to pair the Samsung Convoy with the Ford Sync system.  Sync gives a passkey to put into the phone, however I cannot figure out where to put the passkey.  The owners manual talks about a default passkey but doesn't advise how to access it.  Anyone know?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Passkey on Samsung Convoy
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Put both in "discovery" mode - they should find each other and the phone may ask for the passcode - once they are paired initially they should be able to find each other again.

0 Likes
dkbcats

Thanks for your response...I put the phone in the discovery mode and it finds Sync with no problem, then when I go to pair the sync system advised me to put a pass key into the phone, but I cannot seem to find where to input that passkey into the Samsung phone. Without the passkey from the sync going into the phone it just shows an error when attempting to pair. The phone never asks me for a pass key so I am not given any obvious availability to input any number. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 11:42 AM

To: Denise Beauparlant

Subject: - Re: Passkey on Samsung Convoy

created by SuzyQ in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

0 Likes
Lok55

I had trouble syncing my Convoy too.  It would not take me to the enter passkey function.  I ended up doing it in reverse - having my car search for my phone.  If you have the MyFord Touch system you can do this.

0 Likes