Phone Choices
read2mch

My family and I are up for renewing our contract and my father-in-law just lost his phone and we need to find a new one. I love my basic phone and was hoping for something comparable, just new. Wow, was I disappointed! The basic phone selection from Verizon Wireless is absolutely attrocious! I have no desire for a smart phone as I am not willing to pay the extra for the data packages...so I am really bummed that I won't be able to upgrade my phone. I hope that verizon doesn't forget about those of us who can't afford the data packages or smart phones. Just because we don't want a smart phone doesn't mean we want garbage for choices. Just very disappointed, verizon....very disappointed. Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Choices
SharonC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you.  I am due for an upgrade too.  I just looked at the Basic Phone selection.  The phone I have now is a lot better than anything that is offered there.  I am very disappointed.  The battery in my phone is starting to die so I may just replace instead of getting a new phone.  I can't justify paying $20 to $30 for a data plan.  When my contact expires I may just switch to Prepaid.  Verizon has forgotten about the Basic Phone users.  They are trying to push everyone into a smartphone.

I was interested in the LG Octane but there are too many complaints about the low ringer volume.  The speakers are on the inside of the phone.  What good is a phone if you can't hear it ring?  Also the LG phones have the Daily Scoop which sounds annoying.  There's a lot of complaints about it.   I currently have the Samsung Convoy.  There is a Samsung Convoy 2 but it is made a lot cheaper.  It does not have the rubberized edges.  I'll stick with what I have until my contract ends unless Verizon adds some phones that are worthwhile.

Not applicable

read2mch,

Verizon Wireless works very hard to ensure we offer a large variety of device that suit individual needs. I, myself, know many people that do not need a smart phone. Over half of our customers are satisfied basic phone users. We frequently introduce new, affordable feature phones to ensure we continue to have a competitive edge. Please check out our basic phones! My personal favorites right now include the LG Revere and Pantech Jest 2! You can also sign up for email alerts for up-to-date information on our new products!

Thank you!

0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

Check out the phones available at AmazonWireless.com.  I got a Pantech HotShot there for $0.01 and it is pretty nice for a non-smart phone.  

0 Likes
August59

That is only 2 phones in the last 6months and the Pantech Jest 2 is a horrible phone. Don't get on this forum and blow smoke up our butts. Verizons management attitude is we can take them or leave them. They have no desire to  keep renewing present customers on basic phones. I don't have a problem with a "Smart Phone", but what I have a problem with is forcing me to get a $30 minimum data package. That is fine cause I bought brand new v9m on Ebay that will surely last me more than 3 years. It is 10 times the "Basic Phones" you offer now. Your Casio Ravine 2 would have been a good phone except some dumbass thought that putting the microphone up next to the hinge so people can't hear you talking to them was great innovation or something, but even with a 2 year contract it is $179 and the regular battery want even last a day. GREAT PHONE!!!!!!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

August59 wrote:

That is only 2 phones in the last 6months and the Pantech Jest 2 is a horrible phone. Don't get on this forum and blow smoke up our butts. Verizons management attitude is we can take them or leave them. They have no desire to  keep renewing present customers on basic phones. I don't have a problem with a "Smart Phone", but what I have a problem with is forcing me to get a $30 minimum data package. That is fine cause I bought brand new v9m on Ebay that will surely last me more than 3 years. It is 10 times the "Basic Phones" you offer now. Your Casio Ravine 2 would have been a good phone except some dumbass thought that putting the microphone up next to the hinge so people can't hear you talking to them was great innovation or something, but even with a 2 year contract it is $179 and the regular battery want even last a day. GREAT PHONE!!!!!!

So many issues and you still stay?

0 Likes