Phone screen is blank, I need to transfer all data
malpa

My phone (Accolade LG-VX5600) got broken at the hinge, and now my screen is blank.

I need to transfer ALL data to a new phone, but in the mean time I want to transfer everything to my computer. I downloaded LG pc sync which enabled downloading my contacts and calendar reminders. Now I'm looking for a way to do the same with my photos and text messages. BitPim does not support my model.

I'd prefer to do it for free.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone screen is blank, I need to transfer all data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your desire to transfer your photos and text messages to your PC, malpa. You won't be able to transfer your messages to your PC, but you can forward them individually to an email address. All you'll to do is enter the email address where you would usually enter the wireless number.

Your device does not offer mass storage. You can transfer your pictures using your text message  application. Attach the picture to a text message forward it to an email address. I hope this helps you save your precious memories. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Phone screen is blank, I need to transfer all data
malpa

Thanks for your reply. However, in my situation it won't work because I can't READ or SEE what's on the screen. LG pc sync for Outlook worked through the USB cable on its own, so I didn't have to see what's going on. But since my screen is now blank (white light only), I don't have the ability to send any messages.

Does anyone know of a solution where it's going to work like LG PC sync where the phone communicates with the pc without any input on my end?

0 Likes