Phone sending texts without my knowledge?
calistoknight

So I just recieved a very strange call from a man who was saying that he was recieving strange texts from my number and that when he tried to call that number a few days ago someone picked up and replied with profanity.  Now I know I didn't do that.  Also I've checked my sent box on my phone and it hasn't sent any messages that I didn't send, and none to any numbers that I didn't already know.  And checking my account hasn't shown any additional usage.  The man did say that he had a friend who said that he had a similar problem when he enabled call forwarding.

However the number was listed as restricted so should I actually look into this situation or should I chalk it up as a prank call?  I told the guy to just block the number since I wasn't sending anything to him but yea, I don't know since i havn't noticed any issues on my end.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone sending texts without my knowledge?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

It seems that it's time to have a stern talk with your phone! Let it know that this behavior is unexceptable and if it continues to behave like a child, it will be treated as a child. Not that I'm trying to tell you how to parent your phone, but sometimes it helps.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

lewisr13 wrote:

It seems that it's time to have a stern talk with your phone! Let it know that this behavior is unexceptable and if it continues to behave like a child, it will be treated as a child. Not that I'm trying to tell you how to parent your phone, but sometimes it helps.

Seriously, to the OP:  sounds like a weird, scary, annoying prank to me, especially since the incoming number was restricted; I never answer restricted calls, myself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi calistoknight!  That sounds baffling!  I would love to help.  I've heard of instances like this happening with calls, where the unknown party receives a call from another unknown caller and the caller id displays your wireless mobile number as the incoming caller.  The call actually doesn't originate from your number, but the caller id is "spoofed" to appear as the call is coming from your number.  Here's more information on "spoofing": http://bit.ly/RU2kp9.  You made a great suggestion to the person receiving these calls.  However, please let us know if this problem continues.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes