Re: Phone stuck on USB Download mode
Homick

My phone is also stuck in that usb download mode with the bootblock at the bottom, but I don't have a memory card. I just took it out my pocket like the person above and it was there. Also like the other person above this is very frustrating. What's technology worth if it's not reliable. Most of the phones I've owned from Verizon and other companies during these last years of the 2000s have had problems. Companies too busy trying to get your money instead of making sure they have a decent product. A more simple example, when will they make a keypad lock that actually works haven't owned a phone till this day that don't end up off the home screen and on the internet or something. This is bad if it's not included in you plan. I suppose to get another in the mail but haven't seen it yet. I'll see what this one do when I get it, cause it's going to be the same phone.

0 Likes
jahnig95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Take your battery out and leave it out for about five minutes. Put it back in and started right up.

dtay1529

Like so many before, my intensity 2 was also stuck in the bootlock mode.  I tried everything and nothing would work.  I took it into a Verizon store so they could try updating the firmware...that still didn't fix the problem.  They said I needed to get a new phone and that it couldn't be fixed.  Since my new phone should be here in a couple of days, I figured I would have little fun with the broken one, so I whacked with a hammer a few times.  To my surprise, the phone restarted and began working again.

0 Likes
annaellie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Battery out works.  Even it it's only for a few seconds

0 Likes
annaellie
Enthusiast - Level 1

How could it get into USB download mode turned off in a pocket?

0 Likes
mje814
Enthusiast - Level 1

Take the battery out, hold the power key down and insert the battery again. Continue holding the power button till you see the main screen.

**********-------This is not a hard reset!!!------***********