Phone will not roam
duke69111

Hi All,

I live in Kansas where in a lot of places service can be poor or not existent. While visiting my family and my girlfriends family over Christmas, who live in two different areas in Southeast Kansas, where both phone and 4g/3g/1x data signal does not exist from Verizon. US Cellular is the main carrier for service in both areas with great coverage and I noticed that my new galaxy nexus did not automatically connect to the US Cellular network in either location for roaming. I was left with no connectivity at all for the entire weekend.  We also have a LG ENVY 3 that will not roam as well. 

My question is there a reason why my galaxy nexus did not automatically connect to the US Cellular network to roam?

Also is there a way to force my phone to connect to US Cellular when I am in these dead zones for Verizon?

Thanks in advance?

As a side note, I have the Data Roaming checked in the Mobile Network Settings and I have the System Select set to Automatic.  I also had the data type set to CDMA/3g only. 

I was also an Alltel customer that was converted to Verizon, but when I got my Motorola Droid in December 2009 we were required to change our family plan to the Verizon Wireless 700 minute plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone will not roam
budone
Legend

Sounds like a PRL that is not working as it should.

Do you know what PRL you have?

0 Likes
duke69111

PRL on my Galaxy Nexus is 15098.

PRL on the three LG Envy 3's is 52642.  These three phones are all up to the latest version using the *228.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

*228 doesn't work on 4G devices...

0 Likes
duke69111

Thats correct on my Galaxy Nexus, but it does work on my three LG Evny 3's. 

Cute puppy avatar bty.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I actually bought a bernard because of that picture lol.

On the Nexus have you tried to take out the battery for 30 seconds to update the PRL?

Wonder if the roaming agreements in your area has changed.

0 Likes
duke69111

Actually yea I did. I pulled the battery and the sim card. I searced google and 15098 seams to be current consinces.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's the one I have as well in Hawaii.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

15098 is the PRL number that I have for my Nexus and I think it what my Tbolt had before I switched to the Nexus.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
duke69111

Hopefully someone from Verizon Wireless will pop in and give some insite. 

0 Likes