Pls Help! Need to block/reject contact
tuliptree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help!  I need to block/reject a contact that is sending me harassing messages.  I have a LG Cosmos 2 with the prepaid plan.  I seem unable to do this from either the phone or Verizon website.  Please help!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pls Help! Need to block/reject contact
Chica783
Enthusiast - Level 1

But the only way that I could block messages is by blocking all incoming messages. You might want to call 611 from your phone and let them know your situation, they might be able to block the number for you. That i'm not really sure of though, hopefully they can that way you can still receive messages from your friends and family.  If you are receiving harassing phone calls. Do this- The only way you can block or reject one of your contacts, because I had to do the same thing recently, you're going to have to delete that contact from your phone. Go to settings and tools from Menu, then go to phone settings, then

security, once you're there, go to restrictions, I'm not sure how your phone works but on mine under Restrictions there is Location settings; Calls; & Messages. go to calls, then incoming you have three choices; 1. Allow all; 2. Contacts only; 3. Block all. Choose 2 Contacts only.    I HOPE THAT THIS WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR SITUATION.

View solution in original post

Chica783
Enthusiast - Level 1

But the only way that I could block messages is by blocking all incoming messages. You might want to call 611 from your phone and let them know your situation, they might be able to block the number for you. That i'm not really sure of though, hopefully they can that way you can still receive messages from your friends and family.  If you are receiving harassing phone calls. Do this- The only way you can block or reject one of your contacts, because I had to do the same thing recently, you're going to have to delete that contact from your phone. Go to settings and tools from Menu, then go to phone settings, then

security, once you're there, go to restrictions, I'm not sure how your phone works but on mine under Restrictions there is Location settings; Calls; & Messages. go to calls, then incoming you have three choices; 1. Allow all; 2. Contacts only; 3. Block all. Choose 2 Contacts only.    I HOPE THAT THIS WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR SITUATION.

tuliptree
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Chica,  I spoke with a Verizon rep and confirmed what you said.  (An aside to Verizon: you really need to make it easier for customers to get through to a live rep).  My choices were to set things up so that I only get voice calls from numbers I have included in my contacts.  As far as text messages my understanding is that is all or nothing.  I can receive all texts for everyone or no texts at all.  Or the other option is to change my number.  That would be a major inconvenience.

Interesting another family member has their cell phone with TracFone and they can set things up to block/reject individual callers.  Guess maybe I need to consider switching.

0 Likes
kbachinc

thanks chinca783!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Do you have a My Verizon account, you might check it out there are allot of User Settings you can do your self and if your on the phone customer service they can give you pointers that you can use in your Account..Smiley Happy b33 

0 Likes