Preventing calls for awhile
EDIMER28

If I I shut off my phone, will that stop people from calling, sending texts, or leaving voice mails?

I have a basic phone, with limited minutes. It is mostly for emergency. More people than I wanted have gotten a hold of my number, and now I keep getting more calls and texts than I would want. I was wondering, if I shut it off for while. will that stop it from receiving any calls?

The phone is a Samsung Intensity II

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Preventing calls for awhile
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have your minutes when you need them Edimer28. If you turn off your phone, your calls will still go to your voicemail but would not count towards your minutes unless you check your voicemail. We can see if we can get you a plan that will meet your voice needs. Do you have Prepaid or Postpaid?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

EDIMER28

I have post paid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important your minutes are. There are multiple solutions to this issue. The best option would be to change to one of our newer plans. A newer plan would include unlimited calls and texts. You can also change your number for free online.

EstebanP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EDIMER28

Thanks! Can they still send text too, if I shut my phone off for a while?

Actually, voice minutes are not so much the problem, what concerns me the most are the texts messages I get, since I pay for them individually, and it seems that texting is my contacts preferred mode of communication.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m a big fan of texting instead of calling usually too, EDIMER28. But I understand it’s not for everyone. If you power down your phone, the person sending you a text will still be able to send it and if you power your phone up, the text messages from the past few days will be delivered to your device automatically and you’ll receive any new voice mail notifications for callers who left you a message. As a few alternatives, you can suspend your phone temporarily using the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-and-reactivate-your-service-video which will completely stop any use of your phone for calls or text, both incoming and outgoing. We also offer a free Call & Message Block through https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/ if there are a few particular people who got your number that you didn’t want to be able to reach you. Using this option, you can block up to 5 specific 10-digit numbers from sending you texts or calling you, while still leaving your phone on for communication with other callers or texters. Additionally, you may chose to block text all together using the steps in #4 at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#item5 while keeping your phone active for callers. I know this is a lot to review, but does it help?

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EDIMER28

Thanks for the suggestions. I just don't think that I will want to keep suspending or blocking my phone back and forth all the time. I  guess I will just keep things as they are for now. Thank you so much for your suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand not wanting to keep making changes, EDIMER28! And you're so welcome. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

VanessaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes