Problem: getting a signal from somewhere that is turning my screen on
hrgutman

not sure if I am in the right place to post this tech problem

I have an LG Cosmos-Touch phone (VN 270)   Over the past two months, I have a problem that all day and night, the main  (1 ½” x 2 ¼”) screen goes on for about 35 seconds, then turns off, starting over  again in 2 or 3 minutes. This, over 24 hours is a huge drain on a brand new battery, sometimes using 2 or 3 bars in 24 hours, with NO texts or internet services, and perhaps only 3 or 4 short voice calls.  Verizon techs have no idea of what the problem is, and have 3 times replaced the phone with another one from Verizon’s inventory.  Sometimes, the problem stops  for several hours.  However, each newly replaced  phone, after activation,  does the same exact thing. They finally suggested that I talk with the LG people.  I did that, their only answer was to send the phone back directly to them, for inspection and spec check, instead of to the Verizon re-hab center.     I did that, it came back, and same problem with their newly-spec-checked phone.  They suggested that perhaps problem is a stray RF signal  that is triggering the cell phone.  They said that  perhaps, my wireless router could be the problem.  Have an AT&T (2-Wire) Gateway Wireless router.  First changed wireless channel from 11 to 6 then to 1, that made no difference, then totally unplugged the wireless wi-fi device, and that made no difference; cell phone  screen still goes on and off all day and night. So, it probably not the wireless router.

What else can it be? I have no NEW electronic devices in the house, but  In addition to the PC desktop, I have an IPAD2  and an older Mac Powerbook G4 on my in-house wireless network  I am totally dumbfounded.  Verizon, LG and ATT&T tech people have no ideas, and all claim to have never heard of the situation.  It can’t be the phone (after having replaced it so many times); it apparently is not the wi-fi signal,  HELP,HELP !!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem: getting a signal from somewhere that is turning my screen on
copsmom

Have you disabled the application Daily Scoop?  You can't delete it from your phone, but it can be disabled.  Verizon can help you, but I didn't trust them so I went directly through mobile posse.  Read some of the other posts dealing with this phone.  The other posts have directions on how to stop Daily Scoop. They (Verizon and LG) have created a phone and software they will continually harass you.  These phones light up, want you to browse and download, and deliver talking messages in the middle of the night.  They keep telling us that a software update is in the works, but I'm not holding my breath.  I have been complaining by phone, letters, and this forum for several months.  So enough of my mini rant.  I also have a wireless router and that is not the source of your problem.  It is the phone itself.  After disabling Daily Scoop you should notice some improvement.  The phone will still have issues, but it should get better.

0 Likes
Grey44ghost

My problem with the LG Cosmos 2 that was killing its battery, was that it kept calling the Backup Assistant and then hanging for hours with the screen lit. Nothing worked until I got online and had a technician add a data block to stop it.

0 Likes
CoolHappyGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Grey44ghost, My wife has this identical issue with her LG Cosmos 3. 

0 Likes