Problems with external screen on LG Octane
ndw013107

The external screen on my Octane seems to have gone crazy...it is somewhat hard to explain. For example, if I push the contacts button then  #144 (or something similar) comes up on the screen, then the phone calls #144 on it's own. What shows up on the screen does not correspond with the buttons I push. The external screen also keeps randomly lighting up. I have taken the battery out & let it sit for awhile but that didn't help. I should mention that if I flip the phone open the internal buttons/screen work fine. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with external screen on LG Octane
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried re-calibrating the touch screen?  You can also set the sensitivity level of the touchscreen - it may be set too high so it's picking up unintended "presses".  Are you using a screen protector?  That may also be interfering with the sensitivity or calibration.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

The Octane doesn't have a touch screen.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Try removing the battery, plug it in and turn it on without the battery in it. I've needed to do this on my Octane, but it's cleared up some weird stuff on other phones I've had.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

lewisr13 wrote:

The Octane doesn't have a touch screen.

You are absolutely right - I totally misread this one.  And I was thinking Cosmos Touch not Octane.  Thanks for catching that @lewisr13 

Is it Monday? ... :::checks calendar:::  ...  yeah, it's Monday. 

0 Likes