Question: Activating an old phone while being on contract
Trickies

Hello,

I have a basic phone and still one year away from being upgraded. One of my family member in my plan is eligible for an upgrade. I was wondering if I can use my family's old phone (smartphone) to activate on my basic phone. Will I be able to make a switch/activate? If so, will my basic phone contract be terminated and I have to pay the fee, or does the contract continues to countdown as normal?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question: Activating an old phone while being on contract
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can activate a smartphone on your line without changing the contract date.  You will need to add a data plan (if on the old nationwide plans) or pay the smartphone line access fee of of $40 vs the basic fee of $30 if on the More Everything plan.  Your line of service will still be active (it doesn't matter what phone is on the line, as long as it remains in service) so there will be no termination fee.  It will continue to "count down" as normal.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

If you are asking if you can use your family members old smartphone on your lien instead of your basic phone the answer is of course yes. You can switch phones out as many times as you want. If you're on the old nationwide plans you will have to have add a data plan.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can activate a smartphone on your line without changing the contract date.  You will need to add a data plan (if on the old nationwide plans) or pay the smartphone line access fee of of $40 vs the basic fee of $30 if on the More Everything plan.  Your line of service will still be active (it doesn't matter what phone is on the line, as long as it remains in service) so there will be no termination fee.  It will continue to "count down" as normal.