Question about downgrading phone.
saratipton01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello all,

I just downgraded from an iphone 4 to an LG cosmos to save some money. The cosmos is sending and receiving calls fine and send text messages but my iphone receives them for some reason. I'm not sure what to do since my iphone shouldn't be active anymore. Maybe I did something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about downgrading phone.
saratipton01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well i found out that my family members with basic phones send their text fine to me but my cousin and husband who have iphones send them to my deactivated iphone. I asked them to turn off their 'imessage' setting and now I get their texts just fine! Not sure what was going on lol

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might need to contact Customer Service and have them check settings at their end; they may need to reset your text message feature.

Customer Service:
Dial *611 from your cell phone
(800) 922-0204
Monday-Sunday 6 am-11 pm

0 Likes
saratipton01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well i found out that my family members with basic phones send their text fine to me but my cousin and husband who have iphones send them to my deactivated iphone. I asked them to turn off their 'imessage' setting and now I get their texts just fine! Not sure what was going on lol

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How odd that imessages were still going through when the phone was deactivated.  Oh, well ... at least you have it fixed!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

How odd that imessages were still going through when the phone was deactivated.  Oh, well ... at least you have it fixed!

It may have been receiving the texts via imessage on a wifi connection....

0 Likes
saratipton01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe that's what was going on. Thank you tikibar1 and suzyQ for taking time to answer me back!

0 Likes