Question about my onscreen keyboard
swinquest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that there is an option within my settings to prevent my screen from rotating automatically.  I have been thinking about activating this as it is really annoying to have my phone sitting on a flat surface, and it rotates, even though it is not tilted.  If I turn this setting on, is there a way that I can MANUALLY rotate the screen, for example, when I want to use a bigger keyboard to send a text message or e-mail?

I have a Motorola CITRUS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about my onscreen keyboard
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

The touchscreen can spin or stay right-side up when you rotate your phone.

To automatically switch orientation when rotating the phone:

1. Press the Menu key from the Home Screen
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Sound & display
  4. Touch Orientation

This should help resolve your concerns! 
0 Likes
swinquest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know how to change the settings.  My question is...

Can I manually change (for one time instances) the orientation of the keyboard.  For example, I would want the phone to ONLY ROTATE when I type a message.  Therefore, if I have my settings set to NOT automatically rotate, is there a way to change the orientation when I am in the middle of typing a message?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification swinquest. To my knowledge, the steps outlined above are the only way to change the orientation settings on the device. There may be options in 3rd party applications in the Market, but not natively on the device. The only other thing I can think of to make things faster for you is to install a shortcut to the settings menu that is easily accessible from the main screen.  Press and hold in a blank spot on the home screen to get started on adding the shortcut. 

I hope that answers your question. Let us know if you have any others. 

0 Likes