Question about retrieving text messages off Samsung Zeal
JR500

I have a Samsung Zeal that meets my communication needs.   I was able to connect the phone via the USB cord to a computer running windows XP to retrieve text messages via VZAccess Manager. I am able to see any text messages on my phone and have been able to do this without many problems for a couple of years.  I recently got a new computer running Windows 8 and I loaded VZAccess manager and connected the phone to the new computer.  When I open the VZAccess Manager, I am unable to look at text messages on my phone. I know that the VZAccess Manager program for the Zeal is not for Windows 8, but the program does pull up and recognize the phone.  My question is how can I view text messages on my phone from my computer?   I would like to save some messages without having to send to an email as I can't send the entire message if all 160 characters have been used.  I've called support a couple of times, but can't get this resolved.   I know I have an older phone, but this seems very odd I could do what I needed on an older computer.  Are there any other options to saving text messages?  I can't find a way to save messages to SD card in the phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about retrieving text messages off Samsung Zeal
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JR500 wrote:

... I know I have an older phone, but this seems very odd I could do what I needed on an older computer.

Not odd at all, to me.  An older phone, an older computer, they worked together.  A new computer, an older phone, they don't connect.  I would recommend trying BitPim, as suggested.  If you can't find the Zeal listed among the devices, try the Alias 2 (I think it was the Alias 2) that is nearly identical.  The original Alias may also work.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try bitpim:

http://www.bitpim.org/

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JR500 wrote:

... I know I have an older phone, but this seems very odd I could do what I needed on an older computer.

Not odd at all, to me.  An older phone, an older computer, they worked together.  A new computer, an older phone, they don't connect.  I would recommend trying BitPim, as suggested.  If you can't find the Zeal listed among the devices, try the Alias 2 (I think it was the Alias 2) that is nearly identical.  The original Alias may also work.