Reenter the 10 digit phone number problem
Lotus100

I hope someone can help me on this issue.  I bought my mother a Verizon Gusto 3 basic phone for emergency use in Canada - since she is near the US border, the phone will pick up the US network often.  However, when the phone is in roaming mode and she tries to dial (which she could do for years until recently) she is told to reenter the 10 digit phone number.  She then has to reenter the number and it may or may not go through.  She has to manually enter the numbers.  She first told me of this issue about 1 month ago and therefore I bought her this new Gusto 3 to replace her older phone thinking the problem would be solved.  I have called Verizon and they changed her phone number to one in the NY zip code closest to her and she reactivated at that point.  This made no difference.  She can call fine when in the Network area, but has this "reenter" issue as soon as the phone goes to roaming.  I really am miffed by this as the idea of this phone (that should be able to roam from Canada and has over $300 prepaid minutes on it) is that she be able to make an emergency call!  I hope this is not to harass prepaid customers into having to go to a monthly contract.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes