Regular text messages stopped working 9 Feb 2022 on 3G Samsung flip phone
Vzco

Apparently on 9 February 2022 Verizon made some type of change to the 3G network such that regular text messages fail to send.  I receive a generic message that text failed but the message info states “No SVC” for “Transport:” and “Temporary (Network Problem:Ntwk.Fail.) for “Cause Code:”  or a transport code with no cause.  I went through Verizon trouble shooting with no success and was going through chat help when my connection dropped.  On a whim, I tried a picture message and it works but still no luck with regular text messages.

0 Likes
Re: Regular text messages stopped working 9 Feb 2022 on 3G Samsung flip phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,  Verizon Wireless has retired the 3G/CDMA network. Here is a link with all the information regarding the retirement: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

*Cassie

0 Likes
rfdeagro
Re, your link:
"What services are currently still supported for my device?

CDMA (3G) devices and 4G Non-VoLTE devices will continue to make/receive calls, send/receive text messages, and use data services on the Verizon network until December 31st, 2022."

Given that statement, we should assume that text messaging should still work until December 31st, 2022.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us. That is the date that the CDMA network is to be retired completely. Let's troubleshoot this issue. Have you tried turning your phone off for 2 minutes? 

*Debbie

0 Likes
Vzco

As of Saturday 12 February, regular text messages once again started working.

0 Likes
rfdeagro

@Vzco  Wasn't quite that soon on my end. I had my wife try texting me just before I replied on 2/14. (just in case. Didn't want to look stupid) Send failed at that time. An hour or so later, she  replied to a text and, lo and behold, it magically worked! hmmm! Anyhow, it's all good now! 😀

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vzco, we are glad to hear your texts are once again working. Does this resolve your concerns at this time? 

*Joshua

0 Likes