Repair manual (PDF) for Motorola V325?
v325guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where can I get a PDF repair manual for my old Motorola V325 phone?

(basic phone, with extremely simple Internet capability)

I need to open the thing without damaging it.  I already have a tool set, just need to make sure I pry at the right places and actually have all the screws out.

There seem to be 2 problems:

1) solder joints connecting battery terminal to "motherboard" seem to have cracked, causing phone to suddenly lose power/shut off.

2) wirs going from "motherboard" to display seem to be aging.  Wire(s) may have fatigued/snapped, or connector may have come loose.

I have had this phone since 2006 January.  I have been searching for another basic phone, but I have never found anything with functionality as good as my old v325.  When I first got it, I fell in love with the intuitive layout of the menu, as well as its incredible reception.  The antenna pulls out and it's even capable of analog.  I have held many unbroken conversations through elevators!  ...and in remote wilderness areas where none of my friends had any reception except me!  I got an OEM battery in 2007 and it still lasts more than 3 hours of talking.  I love this thing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Repair manual (PDF) for Motorola V325?
v325guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a great online guide for dis-assembly/re-assembly:

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Motorola_V325

Did not need to contact the manufacturer.

Regarding steps I took to try to fix the problem:

1) The solder joints for the battery terminal are very difficult to access.  There is a VERY narrow space through which to slip a VERY skinny tip of a soldering gun.  I hope the joints are ok...

After further inspection of the wear marks on the battery, I could tell that one of the battery contacts does not have as much wear from its matching phone terminal contact.  I am wondering if the source of problems is coming from a poor connection on that particular contact.  I added some solder to the phone's contact, to make it stick out a little farther, rounded so that the phone's contact does not get obstructed by the battery's plastic protrusions which separate the contacts on the battery.  I hope this works!

2) I dis-assembled the display and inspected the ribbon cable, but could not find any sign of wear.  Therefore, I simply reseated all the ribbons cables for the display, both on the motherboard and on the video board.  I hope this works!

If I don't come back to update this post by 2012 March 13 (1 week from today), then consider the problems solved...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Repair manual (PDF) for Motorola V325?
v325guy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a great online guide for dis-assembly/re-assembly:

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Motorola_V325

Did not need to contact the manufacturer.

Regarding steps I took to try to fix the problem:

1) The solder joints for the battery terminal are very difficult to access.  There is a VERY narrow space through which to slip a VERY skinny tip of a soldering gun.  I hope the joints are ok...

After further inspection of the wear marks on the battery, I could tell that one of the battery contacts does not have as much wear from its matching phone terminal contact.  I am wondering if the source of problems is coming from a poor connection on that particular contact.  I added some solder to the phone's contact, to make it stick out a little farther, rounded so that the phone's contact does not get obstructed by the battery's plastic protrusions which separate the contacts on the battery.  I hope this works!

2) I dis-assembled the display and inspected the ribbon cable, but could not find any sign of wear.  Therefore, I simply reseated all the ribbons cables for the display, both on the motherboard and on the video board.  I hope this works!

If I don't come back to update this post by 2012 March 13 (1 week from today), then consider the problems solved...

0 Likes