Retaining text messages
Abug
Enthusiast - Level 1

LG8350 basic flip phone, 5 1/2 years old

I will be upgrading to a "smart" phone. Assuming the LG is powered on, will I be able to access text messages stored on the phone's internal memory after it is no longer "activated" as an actual device used for calling, texting, etc.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retaining text messages
Abug
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response.  I'll definitely forward the text messages via e-mail. I've saved the pictures to a micro sd card, but doing the same with the text doesn't seem to be facilitated. I've saved the voice messages using Voicemailsforever.com. Phone users often don't seem to know the answers to these questions and the store employees aren't necessarily knowledgeable either.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once the phone is deactivated, everything that was saved in the phone (text messages, pictures, contacts, etc.) should still be there.  Before switching phones, you could always forward the texts to your e-mail or move them to your computer via bitpim software, if you wanted to be on the safe side.

0 Likes
Abug
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response.  I'll definitely forward the text messages via e-mail. I've saved the pictures to a micro sd card, but doing the same with the text doesn't seem to be facilitated. I've saved the voice messages using Voicemailsforever.com. Phone users often don't seem to know the answers to these questions and the store employees aren't necessarily knowledgeable either.

0 Likes