Retreiving photos from an SD card Pantech Hotshot
keebs24

Last night I moved all of the photos on my phone over to my micro sd card and then erased the photos on my phone after it was complete. I went to walmart today to try and make a cd of all the photos on my card and it said there were no photos on the card. However when I go to the storage it shows there is space being taken up. I have about 300 photos and most of them are my sons first photos. Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Retreiving photos from an SD card Pantech Hotshot
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That doesn't sound good.  Hindsight is always best, but if it were me, I'd have verified that the photos were on the SD card before deleting them off the phone.  At any rate, have you tried reading the SD card with your computer to verify that the photos are there?  You might try SD card recovery software; it's been years since I've used one, so can't recommend one ... you might want to Google it or search this site for similar threads.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As tikibar suggests, try reading the card in a computer to verify the files are there.  They may be in a folder on the card... and if you do find them, I would copy them to my computer and burn my own CD from the computer, and then you would also have the computer as a backup for the SD card.

0 Likes
keebs24

There is no way for me to export my photos on this phone. I am completely bummed as our sons birth and everything first was on this phone. I moved all of them to the card and it said move was successful. But with the micro sd card being so small, I don't have the slot on my laptop. For some odd reason I can't even get the photos to go from the card (if they are there) to the computer as the usb cord only charges my phone when hooked up to my computer Smiley Sad

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get SD card adapters and multi-card readers at most electronics stores and on ebay or from Amazon.

0 Likes