Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Retrieving Contact List
markwb

My three year old Samsung Knack just crashed, it will not power up or boot up.  I went to a Wireless Zone store and purchased a Motorola Barrage because I seek just a basic phone.  My problem is that I am not able to download or retrieve my contact list.  Back when I bought the Knack, I recall being able to go online to retrieve my contact list from the Verizon website somehow and download to the phone.  Does anyone have knowledge if such a thing is possible?  I'm running into a wall trying to navigate the Verizon website for info.  Thank You in advance for any help.  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Retrieving Contact List
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you backed up your contact list to Backup Assistant (or the new BUA Plus) before the phone crashed, you should be able to install it or activate it on the new phone, use the same passcode as you had with the old phone, it will recognize a new device and ask if you want to restore you contacts.

Even if it's not a recent backup, it will be better than entering all by hand.

0 Likes
Re: Retrieving Contact List
sharon2393

When I purchased the cell on 8/4/12 the customer service said he was unable to convert my contacts from my old phone.

0 Likes