Retrieving messages from a device that was turned off
Exrunman

One of our family members was not using her Samsung Brightside for awhile.  It was OFF - thus not actively receiving text messages. I disconnected for a month or so.  I reconnected the device today and she wants to retrieve the texts but is unable to do so. Is that possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieving messages from a device that was turned off
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text messages are stored for 5-10 days if they are unable to be delivered because a phone is powered off or suspended.  If they are not retrieved by the device within that time frame, they are lost.

If you reactivate the phone, any texts sent within the past few days will be delivered, and those sent beyond the time frame will not be available.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Exrunman,

Oh my! It's important to be able to recover text messages. Was this line disconnected or suspended during the time frame? Do you have Postpaid or Prepaid services? Send details

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Exrunman

PamelaF,

I guess we postpay, whatever is standard. The phone was powered off, but suspended for a month or so. My ill-advised decision since the phone was powered off and not in use for the forseeable future. Dumb me!  Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Likes
Exrunman

PamelaF,

I guess we postpay, whatever is standard. The phone was powered off, but suspended for a month or so. My ill-advised decision since the phone was powered off and not in use for the forseeable future. Dumb me!  Does that answer your question?

Thanks,

runman

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text messages are stored for 5-10 days if they are unable to be delivered because a phone is powered off or suspended.  If they are not retrieved by the device within that time frame, they are lost.

If you reactivate the phone, any texts sent within the past few days will be delivered, and those sent beyond the time frame will not be available.