Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revere web browsing vs Alias 2
ramrem

I have an "old" Samsung Alias 2 because I saw it on sale and wanted a basic --no data plan  --   phone that was good for phone calls and had a web browser I could use on those rare occasions when the need arises.  I do not like the Alias 2 browser; otherwise the phone is fine.  I do not really need the qwerty because I rarely text.

The LG Revere is a newer basic phone that supposedly has good call sound and has a limited/rudimentary browsing capability.  The Ravine and Ravine 2 sound better, but they are too expensive.  I have seen a good price (under $30) for a new Revere.   If any of you are familiar with both the Revere and Alias 2, how do they compare. In particular, is the Revere browser easier to use than the WAP on the Alias 2?   Is the screen on the Revere good enough for 67 year old eyes to easily read the search results?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Revere web browsing vs Alias 2
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

What, specifically, did you not like about the Alias browser?  The screen on the Revere is a lower resolution (and smaller), I believe, than on the Alias, and my guess would be the internet experience is better on the Alias, simply because it was once billed as a multi-mdeia phone and required a minimal data plan.  The Revere is also a WAP browser.  See this review:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392493,00.asp

0 Likes