Samsung Brightside Audio Issue
klherbst

Hi!

So I have had my Samsung Brightside for a year and have had no issues up to this point. However, today my phone decided to stop making noise. It doesn't ring when I get a call, the alarms don't go off and it I can't hear any of the music in my media file. I know the speaker isn't broken because I can hear the keyboard buttons beeping when I text. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is or if it is at all fixable? Thanks!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Audio Issue
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

I would try taking out the battery while the phone is on, and then put the battery back in and turn the phone on. I have the brightside as well and i havent had any problems with it. That would be my first recommendation.

0 Likes
klherbst

I have taken the battery out as well as reset the phone. Nothing happened but thanks for the recommendation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! Lets get that device to work klherbst. Have you tried a soft reset by removing the battery and placing it back in? Has a hard reset been done at all? If not, here is how:  http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=54099 . Be sure that your contacts and pictures are backed up first. If the issue persists, send me a private message.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
collsoul49

I woke up today to the same issue.  I've owned the phone for about 4 months.  I've restored the phone back to factory settings and still have no audio aside from keypad touch tones. Advice?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get that phone to work collsoul49! If the issue persists after a hard reset, we may need to look into replacement option. Follow me back and send me a private message with your name and mobile number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mini30

I'm going to try the hard reset after I do the backup. I am very disappointed in the Samsung phone. I had a LG Chocolate before and used it for 5 years with no issues. I've had this Samsung for just over a year. This is the worst life I've had in any of the Verizon phones that I've ever owned dating back to the days of Airtouch Cellular (You may be too young to even remember that name).

Since my position is being eliminated in about a month, I have been using this number as my primary contact number so I will need to keep this phone. We'll see how Verizon handles this to determine if I continue to be a loyal customer of the company for over 19 years or if family convinces me to look at the carriers that are less expensive.

0 Likes
collsoul49

After calling customer support, it turned out i had a blown speaker and was VERY promptly sent a replacement.  Verizon's customer support was incredibly helpful and I received the replacement phone the next day.  I would recommend going that route.  That being said, the Samsung Brightside is easily the worst phone I have ever owned.  Speaker issues aside, the interface, touchscreen, software and overall physical design of the phone are all very poor.

0 Likes
mini30

Soft reset, did not work. Hard reset, still not working. Did the restore to get back contacts then decided to do the *228 to update roaming. Amazing! I started getting ringtones, text alerts and other audio information. However, it is now draining the battery very quickly. I changed it yesterday and it was dead today. Before this issue I could get a several days of standby time. I will give it a test tomorrow and see how this holds up.

To me it looks like there was a software glitch that caused my problem and maybe others.

0 Likes
irishmut

My turn. My daughter's Samsung Brightside is less than a year old. The audio stopped working. I tried: a soft reset; took the battery out with the phone powered off; took the battery out with the phone powered on; hard reset... nothing works. The Verizon web site is horrible. You can't e-mail anyone to ask a question. When you choose chat you just get a bunch of menus and back to web pages. When you call you get a bunch of voice menus. I'm not sure what I'm paying for...and I'm paying a LOT of money.

0 Likes