Samsung Brightside Bluetooth won't stay connected
pcluke

I have a Samsung brightside phone and I can connect to my bluetooth in car (2015 Honda CRV) but the phone won't stay connected. i.e. It stays connected for about a day, then the next day when I start the car the message "No Device Connected" is dispayed.  The phone is listed in Bluetooth devices.  The only way to get it to re-connect is to delete the device and re-pair it.  It's rediculous to do this every time I get in the car.  I've been to the dealer 4 times and it doesn't appear to be a problem with the car. Has anyone else had this issue, and are there any other suggestions?  Thank you,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Bluetooth won't stay connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
pcluke, that would definitely have me just as annoyed too. These features are supposed to be convenient to use, between connected devices. Just in case, it is possible that the Bluetooth software found in your car is a newer version than what is found in your phone. If you go to Settings>Phone Info>SW/HW Version> Are you up to date?

Concerning the Bluetooth menu, does it make a difference if you disable Bluetooth, and enable airplane mode for a few seconds. Turn off airplane, and turn on Bluetooth to attempt to sync both devices again?

NicandroN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bunka356

I have a Samsung Gusto and paired it with the Bluetooth in my Audi with no problems.  It automatically recognizes it when the phone is in the car.  The problem is the connection drops out between 30-60 seconds later.  I have to go into the phone and search for my Sony Ericson HCB30 to reconnect only to have it drop out again.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How long have you had your device? Verizon Rep is onto something if your device is older...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How old is your device and what year is your car?

0 Likes
Bunka356

The Sony Ericson Bluetooth was installed in the Audi in 2004 by the dealer. The Verizon Samsung phone was new in the fall of 2014.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have they ever worked correctly together?

0 Likes
Bunka356

Not with this phone. It has not worked correctly since I got this phone. t has worked correctly with all my other phones.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Something I would test is connect the phone to another bluetooth device that is newer. Be it a computer, headset, another phone, speaker etc. Just to verify that the bluetooth is working.

I personally think the stereo bluetooth is probably just too old and not compatible with the newer bluetooth on the phone though.

0 Likes