Samsung Brightside Freezing/Restarting When Using T9
MonteMikeSS

Hi ive had my brightside for 5 days now and just today it started freezing and restarting while using t9 to text on the front touchscreen. its very frustrating and ive heard of many other people having the same problem. it seems to be a software glitch is there any way to fix this??

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Freezing/Restarting When Using T9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MonteMikeSS,

So sorry you’re having these problems with your device!  I would like to help.  So I can further assist, please send me a Direct Message with your name and wireless mobile number.

Thank you for you patience, and for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MonteMikeSS

how do i send a direct message

0 Likes
KDeniseJohnson

I'm also having the same problem. Little help?

0 Likes
Fred23

Not only having same problem BUT - a work around is to use ABC instead of T9 (although, granted, it defeats the very purpose of having T9). Being able to use T9 is of particular importance to me, as I often only have one hand free, and need to respond with a one word answer. I spoke to Customer Service about this issue, and the response was "sorry - wait for a firmware upgrade from Samsung". Since this seems to be an issue "at large", I asked about extending the manuf. warranty since the phone CLEARLY has a firmware issue - one that is major - and the best answer I could get from customer service was ( your gonna love this one !) "It's totally up to the whim of the manager of the store, whether he gives you an additional 14 day extension or not, regardless of the phone's issues."  So I asked "Since I'm reporting the phone as having major firmware issues, if the thing dies in 20 days, your telling me I have to continue paying for the next two years on a device that is worth less than a doorstop ?" - Customer service response - "Yup".

0 Likes
MonteMikeSS

hahaha ill  damn sure i get a new phone if a upcoming firmware update still doesnt fix it! otherewise that is bullshit.

0 Likes
TAllighen

I am also having an issue with the T9Word freezing and not working. My 14 days is almost over. I would like this fixed. I was told to wait for the software update but it seems that is not happening and I don't want to pay for a phone that has an issue after my 14 days just because it is Verizon's problem. I need an answer ASAP. Hopefully, I will get one.

0 Likes
mommyof3kids

Hi I just purchased the brightside to and stupid me seen all these problems on the reviews. T9 freezes and shuts off phone annoying the whole point is to type a little faster and use the T9 why dont verizon fix this issue people only have 14 days to return and you only have a selected few to choose from for basic touch phones.

0 Likes
mommyof3kids

Hi I purchased this phone and returned it but my daughter has it also. She was having the same issue I was T9 would freeze and shut off phone. I also had some dropped calls and crackling noises from phone calls. Other then that she has to keep it because the 14 days are up. Store cant do anything about T9 issue so she either use her keyboard or the ABC option works fine and doesnt shut off.

0 Likes
kmstuart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone gotten an answer on the freezing up w T9? I am on 2nd phone in 6 days and very frustrated.