Re: Samsung Brightside Freezing/Restarting When Using T9
douginmn

My daughter is having the same problem. Purchased the phone on Sunday (two days ago).

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

there should be an update soon. we are also waiting for the release. Smiley Sad

For your concern, you might as well try to change the t9 text input mode. It might be the associated input that result in the t9 issue.please navigate here to learn how to change.

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

now you changed to use ABC , abc, your device still restart automatically? it works to me without any problem. though it is too slow, pretty better than......

0 Likes
MikeT007
Enthusiast - Level 1

That only allows you to save a default setting and doesn't fix the problem.  I want to use T9.

0 Likes
douginmn

I returned the phone to Verizon yesterday. Problem solved.

0 Likes
vbmike

Sounds like a good decision.  What phone did you get to replace it with?

Has anyone else heard any more about a software update for the phone yet?  I'm stuck with mine so I guess I'll need to also call and bug verizon.  Ugh...

0 Likes
douginmn

I bought the LG Cosmos - it doesn't have the touch screen but my daughter was fine with it. And it was $50 cheaper.

0 Likes
gurlyclimber

I am now having this issue as well.  Before lawyers get involved, I highly recommend Verizon remedy this.  Once my contract is up, I will no longer be a verizon customer and I will be taking 4 other people (at least) with me.  WE DEMAND A FIX.  This  is about to get elevated so do something!!!!!

0 Likes
ishtar9200

Temp fix for those who are passed the 14 days. Copy all of your contacts to your card, pictures, etc. Then do a factory reset. Not a basic reset select the reset to factory defaults. After you will have to reprogram the phone *228 option 1 or activate at power up if you choose that route. Its the only temp way I figured out to fix the T9 issue. I do not know how long itll last prob same as before but it works to restore the use of T9. I wouldnt doubt verizon will tell people to do this after I said it. But it works until they do a firmware and software update. I plan of filing a complaint. Selling faulty product with firmware and software and yet to have a fix. I expect a credit toward account also due to fact i was not informed of a major issue everyone is having failure to notify people prior to buying that it has this issue. I sent the new brand new one in due to this and got back a refurb that is certified pre owned. Not acceptable.

0 Likes
ishtar9200

I would assume that this is all the techs are doing in Texas that are getting all these brand new phones back. Because it passes all the tests after the reset and they ship them back out as pre owned certified. I am calling tomorrow to expect a full credit. Not acceptable at all.

0 Likes