Samsung Brightside Screen Issue
crazycatlyn

I've had the Samsung Brightside for almost two years and it has worked just fine up until now. I took it out of my pocket today and it froze, so I turned it off and then turned it back on. After I did this though, the touchscreen wouldn't work at all, leaving me with no way to use my phone. My sister's phone had a similar problem, except now hers won't turn on at all. Is there anything we can try to do to get it working again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Screen Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Helo crazycatlyn!

I want you to be able to use your device! Let's try some troubleshooting. Please remove your battery from the device for about 60 seconds, and then reattach it and power it on. If the device is still unresponsive, I'd like to ask if there is any physical or liquid damage? Do you have insurance on it?
Since you mentioned that you have had the phone for almost two years, you can check your upgrade eligibility by dialing #UPG or by checking My Verizon. Keep me posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
xemeric

Interestingly enough I am seeing posts about the Samsung Brightside not turning on when our contracts are close to expiring.  Most of the posts I am reading say no damage ever occurred to the phone.  I PERSONALLY DO NOT FEEL IT IS A PHONE ISSUE.  What are you guys doing to the software to make our phones not turn on?  I really find it hard to believe we are all experiencing the same issues around the same time and all Verizon can say is, have you tried taking the battery out?  Do you have insurance?  Oh, maybe you can just upgrade now.  It's crap!  And asking me to join twitter so you can have a conversation with me...really?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Twitter comment is only a part of their signature. It isn't required to join Twitter to contact Verizon Wireless Customer Support.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
xemeric

Ann154-

I also received a personal email asking me to “follow” the cust serv rep.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was the follow request through the Verizon Wireless Community forum? If so, you will have to accept their request and follow them back in order to be able to send a private message via the Direct Message option in the forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pcheather

My phone screen stopped working a couple days ago when it was open, so I was dealing with it and using it closed.  Today, just out of the blue, the screen stopped working when closed now as well.  The only thing I can do with it is take calls, can't even make any.  So, while I read in another post that Verizon doesn't think its a widespread issue, I believe its getting more prevalent.  I did pull the battery, let it out for several minutes, didn't do anything.  Anyone gotten anywhere?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, pcheather!

This makes it very hard to use the phone is none of the screens are working. Thanks for completing some of the troubleshooting steps. Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the device? How long have you had this device for? I hope that we hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
OldBetty

I am having the same issue AND the contract is up July 22!.....The online customer support options do not work for me either.  I have had really bad luck with the verizon phone selection that does not require a data plan.  We have been with Verizon for well over 5 years now.  I think it is time for our family to switch carriers!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello OldBetty, the last thing we would want is to lose you as a customer with us! Your 5 years of loyalty is appreciated. Was there any physical or water damage on the phone? Have you reviewed this selection of phone's that don't require data packages: http://vz.to/NwfJW7 When is your upgrade date?

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes