Samsung Brightside - Texting comes through as garbage
scottyergin

Have a Samsung Brightside and the texting doesn't seem to be consistent.   Often the text will come through as garbage characters.   Typically this happens if I am getting a text from an iPhone, or if they have put in any "special" characters.   Group messages are also a mess - I get one message that comes through as a media message for everyone that is on the group message.

My phone is up to date with software.

Has anyone seen the same thing and have an answer?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside - Texting comes through as garbage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there scottyergin! Sorry to hear about the messaging issue you've been having. I know from experience what that can be like when I had a Basic function device getting messages from smartphones. The reason why some messages contain unreadble/nonsense characters is because your device may not be able to translate certain font types or special features that are included with some messaging clients (even with your device's operating system being up-to-date).

The iPhone uses an application called iMessage that provides its owners with many such options. It works best when communicating with other iMessage users, but can also be used to send/receive regular SMS/Text Messages. I recommend reaching out to one of your contacts if you should get a message like this again to ask that they disable special features (if possible) before sending another message so that you can read it. You may also considering joining the fun and getting an iPhone for yourself some day! If you're interested, have a look at all our latest devices at this link: http://bit.ly/nD0WuY

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes